|YOUTH PROTECTION POLICY: Overview & Requirements
|You may have read DIHQ’s blog about our new DI Youth Protection Policy(YPP). If not, you can find the blog post here. As an organization that provides programs and events for youth, the commitment to safety is a top priority for Destination Imagination (DI) and we strive to provide every team member with the safest possible experience. In Arkansas, we believe this is extremely important and have adopted the policies set forth in the DI Policy.
To comply with the ARDI Youth Protection Policy, Team Managers must do the following things:
· Read the Youth Protection Policy
· Complete the Online Training Course
· Complete an annual Background Check
· Discuss the YPP with Parents and provide them with a copy
· Know what to do if you observe situations where YPP is not followed
Deadline for Completion: January 10, 2020, but please complete as soon as possible!
|YPP Policy & Training Links
|The following page contains a link to the Youth Protection Policy & Youth Protection Information for Parents. Team Managers: You may provide electronic links of the information to your parents. You do not have to print hard copies.
To complete the required YPP Online Training Course, login to your Adobe Captivate account. You should have received an invitation to the system when you signed up as a Team Manager. If you don’t have a login, please contact
There are some AWESOME training courses that you can take advantage of to become a Certified Team Manager. You can also share the classes with your team members at team meetings, especially useful for the just released challenge specific training courses.
|Getting a Background Check
|Like many volunteer organizations, ARDI requires Board Members, Challenge Masters, Program Officials, Team Coordinators and Team Managers to undergo annual background checks. This year, the background checks will be performed at NO EXPENSE to our volunteers. Note: Appraisers will not be subject to a background check this year.
We have 3 options for you to submit a Background Check to ARDI.
1) If you are an employee or volunteer of an Arkansas School District and have undergone a background check within the last 12 months (on or after 11/1/2018), then you may submit a copy of that background check via email to . Please provide proof and date of check. (If you need to request this information through your District Coordinator, please have them submit the information on your behalf for all district teams.)
2) If you went to Global Finals last year and completed a background check through Verified Volunteers, login to your account and simply share your previous background check with Destination Imagination, Inc. – Arkansas
Note: Verified Volunteers is now Sterling Volunteers
3) If you need a background check, fill out this Google Form and we’ll enter you in the system. You’ll receive an email from Sterling Volunteers to complete your background check. https://forms.gle/XzvZsakGTmZFqwiA6
ARDI will pay for your background check through Sterling Volunteers. The funds to cover the costs are coming from dollars we would typically use on tournament activities. So, please consider paying for all or a portion of the fee for your background check if it doesn’t cause a hardship for you. We know you already give generously to ARDI really appreciate your time and dedication to the program.